Baptism is the choice someone makes to be fully connected to the life of Jesus. It is our death to self and the beginning of our life in Christ.
When someone is baptized they are submerged under water to identify with the death and burial of Jesus and raised out of the water to identify with his resurrection.
People often have questions regarding baptism:
Why be baptized? Should I be baptized again?
Scroll down for a list of common questions & facts about baptism.
- You are a follower of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:37-41)
- Your sins being washed away. (Acts 2:38)
- You are beginning a changed life in Christ (Romans 6:1-11, Galatians 2:20)
- You are part of a new family and a new identity. (Galatians 3.26-28)
- You are given the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38)
Baptism is for anyone who is ready to begin following Jesus fully and commitment to him. The age of when someone is ready to be baptized varies, but should always be a response to current faith, and desire to follow Jesus.